Northgate Business Centre Meeting Room Hire Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: January 2021
Northgate Business Centre Limited offers meeting rooms & associated services for hire by commercial organisations, for which there are conditions as outlined in this set of Terms & Conditions. Our website & other policies may be updated from time to time, so we recommend you review regularly to ensure you are happy with them prior to making any booking for our meeting rooms & services either online, over the phone or in person.
1. In these terms and conditions that cover Meeting Room Hire & Associated Services at Northgate Business Centre:
i) “NGBC” means Northgate Business Centre Ltd
ii) “Room” refers to one of the Meeting Rooms available to be booked through the online booking system, or over the phone, by email & in person
iii) “Management” means the Management Team of NGBC
iv) “Hirer” means any person, persons or representative of the organisation named in a room booking invoiced by NGBC
Use of the NGBC Meeting Rooms
2. Use of the Room is by permission of NGBC Management who reserve the right to refuse any booking or admission to any part of the premises, at their discretion
3. Use of the Room must at all times be compliant with user restrictions contained in an agreement made pursuant to section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
4. No permanent access is granted to the of room hire. Access is dependent upon the approval of any booking by Management or designated representative (e.g. Reception at NGBC). Please note NGBC normally operates between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Any weekend hire, if offered, will be at the sole discretion of Management.
Cancellation by NGBC
5. NGBC reserves the right to cancel the booking forthwith and without any liability on its part in the event of the Hirer failing to perform any of the obligations contained within these terms and conditions
6. If for any reason beyond its control including, but not limited to strike, labour dispute, accident, act of war, act of God, fire, flood or other emergency condition (including Government Guidance relating to COVID-19), NGBC is unable to perform its obligations in connection with any booking, such non- performance is excused and NGBC may terminate this contract without further liability of any nature, upon re-imbursement of any sums paid by the Hirer. In no event, shall NGBC be liable for consequential damages of any nature for any reason whatsoever.
Cancellation by the Hirer
7. The Hirer may cancel a Room hire booking by giving notice in writing to email@example.com. In the event that the Hirer cancels a Room hire booking, NGBC reserves the right to impose cancellation charges as follows:
i) 7 days or more prior to the commencement of the meeting, any payments already made will be refunded, minus an administration charge £5 plus VAT.
ii) A 25% cancellation fee will be charged if less than 72hours notice is given for the cancellation of a meeting. This fee will be deducted from any deposit made via online booking before any difference is refunded, or invoiced to the Hirer according to the method of booking.
iii) Less than 24 hours’ notice prior to the commencement of the meeting a 50% cancellation fee will be charged or the total of any deposits paid, whichever is the greater value as determined by NGBC
iv) If a meeting is cancelled within 12hrs then NGBC reserve the right to invoice 100% of the room hire fee
8. The Hirer is in breach of this contract if:
i) They fail to pay to NGBC any sum of money payable to NGBC on the due date
ii) Room is used by the Hirer, other than in accordance with the specified terms of this contract
9. NGBC permits the Hirer to bring or order their own refreshments to site, with the following conditions:
i) Any hot water and/or crockery are requested at the earliest time after booking confirmation is issued by NGBC
ii) The Hirer pays the standard hire charge for provision of hot water and crockery, which is £10 per day plus VAT
ii) The Hirer leaves the room tidy and puts all rubbish in the bin(s) provided
Catering may also be booked directly with NGBC, for which additional charges will be made and which are non-refundable once a food order has been agreed & ordered. NGBC reserve the right to charge the full amount in advance of any catering provision booked by the Hirer.
Hours of use
10. The hire charges quoted relate to the times of the hire duration declared at the time of booking. Any room usage which continues beyond these times, by agreement or otherwise, will incur additional hire charges. No part of unused, paid or part paid hire duration may be carried forward, whether due to cancellation or otherwise, without the written agreement of Management.
11. NGBC operates a no-smoking policy throughout its property. With the exception of a dedicated smoking area, which is made available to the Hirer. This area is located within the secure, on-site carpark, as indicated by signage.
12. Written permission is required for all photographs, filming and video-recording within NGBC Premises.
13. The Hirer shall not sub-let the hired meeting rooms.
14. An additional discretionary fee of £60 plus VAT will be charged to the Hirer if the room is not left in the same condition as at the commencement of hire period or is deemed, by the NGBC management team, to be in an unfit state for the next booking
Damage to NGBC property and items not permitted in Rooms
15. The Hirer shall take all reasonable precautions to ensure that no damage occurs to the property of NGBC or its employees. Furniture and equipment provided should be used only for the purpose for which it was designed. In the event of any damage occurring, NGBC reserves the right to render the Hirer liable for the replacement or repair of any or all property damaged.
16. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is fixed to the floors, walls, ceilings or any other interior or exterior of the buildings by means of nails, screws, drawing pins, blue tack, glue or any other means unless agreed in writing with the Management team prior to the hire period.
17. NGBC accepts no responsibility for any hired equipment or meeting room equipment provided by, for, or on behalf of the Hirer, left unattended prior to, during, or after the meeting
18. Equipment hired from NGBC
i) Must be collected from the NGBC Reception or prior to the meeting
ii) Must be returned to NGBC Reception directly after use
iii) Any faults must be reported before leaving NGBC premises
iv) The Hirer will be responsible if equipment is not returned and penalty charges will be incurred
19. NGBC cannot accept responsibility for any items lost or mislaid on the premises
20. All items stored or left in the Meeting Rooms, or any other part of the premises, are at the Hirer’s risk
21. Any items not collected within 72 hours of the end of the meeting will be disposed of unless prior arrangements have been made. Items stored outside these times may incur additional charges
Insurance of property of Hirer and Hirers guests
22. The Hirer acknowledges that any such objects, equipment, furniture, stock, or other property of any sort will remain under the control and care of the Hirer and/ or guests and the Hirer is responsible for insuring such property and accordingly the NGBC excludes any liability for losses.
23. The Hirer shall ensure that the event for which the Room is used is conducted in an orderly fashion without causing a nuisance to other users of NGBC premises and in full compliance with the directives and requirements of Management and with all applicable laws ordinances and regulations.
Right to Exclude or Eject Persons from NGBC property
24. NGBC reserves the right, as it considers reasonable, to exclude or eject, any persons from the Room or the premises of NGBC whom it shall consider objectionable (including any engaged by the Hirer) and the Hirer will be liable for any liability arising thereby save where the Hirer establishes negligence or bad faith by NGBC.
Data Protection Act
25. The details of the Hirer or, where different, the Client will be held by NGBC on its computer database, including but not limited to Accounting Software, Email Client or Written Record, for use by its accounts department for maintaining proper records. It will not be passed onto any third parties.
26. Payment to NGBC for meeting room hire and any additional services, or catering orders, must be made at the time of booking by either online payment of a deposit or in full (where available), or BACs within 14 days of the date of any invoice issued by NGBC for reserved services.
27. A risk assessment for the use of meeting rooms is available upon request in writing or in person, from the Management at NGBC